Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
One of our very first recipe creations as a team, and now a party favorite. With Ray’s nickname for Julieanna being “Nooch” due to her love of nutritional yeast, Sriracha as a choice condiment on almost everything, and mushrooms as one of our mutually favorite foods, these spicy, decadent bites of umami covers all the bases. Serve these to guests or eat them all yourself. By using the mushroom stems in the stuffing, we’ve trimmed the waste to keep your waist trim.
Purchase the cookbook here.
- 24 oz baby bella mushrooms
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 cup roughly chopped red bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp Sriracha
- 1/4 tsp MSG
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wipe mushrooms with moist paper towel or soft brush and remove stems. Dice stems and set aside in a medium bowl. Place mushroom caps on prepared baking sheet.
- In blender, pulse cashews and nutritional yeast flakes to a fine powder (do not over blend). Scrape corners of blender with spatula to make sure all the powder is free.
- Add the bell pepper, garlic, Sriracha, and lemon juice and blend until fully combined and creamy. If it is too thick, a small amount of water can be added. Be cautious to not make it too thin and runny.
- Add the sauce to the bowl with the mushroom stems and gently stir to combine. Spoon mixture into each mushroom cap evenly.
- Bake in oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until the filling is firm and golden and mushrooms have released most of their liquid. Serve hot.