Serves: 1 (for a meal, 2 for a side dish)
- 1 ½ cups finely chopped broccoli florets
- ½ small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- ½ granny smith apple, thinly sliced and cut into matchstick
- 1/3 cup drained, rinsed cannellini beans
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh fennel frond
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oi
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Freshly ground black peppe
- ¼ teaspoon Ajinomoto MSG, (also seen as Ac’cent
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Place broccoli, fennel, apple, beans and herbs in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl whisk olive oil, vinegar, pepper, MSG, mustard and sugar together to combine.
- Pour over salad and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve hours later.